Trade schools offer career-ready training programs that are designed to prepare students for employment or certification exams through only a few months of training.
On this page, we will compile information about the top trade school programs available in the Sanford region.
By attending one of the programs on this list, students can prepare for rewarding careers as cosmetologists, welders, or technicians, to name just a few of the available options.
We invite you to read our selection and choose the program that best meets your needs and career aspirations.
About the School
Montverde Academy is a college preparatory school that offers classes for students in grades Pre-K3-12.
Advanced diploma programs are also available at the Academy.
Their Study Area Concentration diploma programs are designed for students who already have identified their field of interest and want to prepare for a future career.
A Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics pathway is available with five concentration options, namely:
- Health or Life Sciences
Those who want to enter the business and financial world have access to Business Innovation and Entrepreneurial Development programs.
There are also course exchanges between the University of Florida and MVA STEM:
- Introduction to Earth Sciences
- Wildlife Issues
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Man’s Food
- College Algebra
- Programming Fundamentals
- Applications and Discrete Structures
- Computational Linear Algebra
- And more
Between 2021 and 2022, 11th and 12th-grade students can enroll in Dual Enrollment Classes with the University of Florida.
This means that students can earn credits toward a high school diploma at a low cost per credit that is added to the tuition schedule.
- Address: 17235 7th Street, Montverde, FL 34756
- Phone: (407) 469-2561
- Website: https://montverde.org
2Southern Technical College
About the School
Southern Technical College offers a variety of training programs at its Sanford campus.
The campus is a two-floor facility that includes a learning resource center, classrooms, and labs.
Program length varies between 10 months and 18 months, depending on the type of program.
Southern Technical College, Sanford Campus is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Financial aid is available for students who qualify.
The following programs are available at Southern Technical College:
- Welding Technology- an 18-month Associate of Applied Science Degree program that covers technical skills as well as other skills that give students an advantage on the job market
- HVAC Training- a program that prepares students to install and service residential and light commercial air conditioning and heating systems
- Medical Assisting- a diploma program that prepares students for work in a variety of healthcare settings
- Veterinary Assisting- this program prepares students for the Certified Veterinary Assistant exam and future careers
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning/Refrigeration- an Associate’s Degree program designed to be completed in 18 months
- Address: 2910 S. Orlando Drive, Sanford, FL 32773
- Phone: (407) 917-7658
- Website: https://www.southerntech.edu/locations/sanford
3MFS Trade School
About the School
MFS Trade School offers cleaning training and certification in Sanford.
Costs vary depending on the course and its format.
Online self-study courses cost around $4,000 while hybrid hands-on courses cost $4,800.
The school also offers discounts sometimes.
Students learn how to start their own business in Kitchen Exhaust Hood Cleaning.
This program includes two certifications, in Kitchen Exhaust Hood Cleaning and Kitchen Exhaust Hood Inspection according to NFPA Code 96 guidelines.
Students also learn two other related trades, namely cooking oil filtration and waste oil collection.
Marketing, estimating, and bidding training are also included in the program.
Existing power washing, janitorial cleaning, or fire suppression companies and individuals that want to start their own business can get certified as technicians or inspectors by attending one of the school’s programs.
The following programs are available at MFS Trade School in Sanford:
- Exhaust Hood Cleaning- an online self-study program
- Exhaust Hood Cleaning- one-day hands-on program
- Virus Disinfection- an online self-study program
- Kitchen Appliance Cleaning- an online self-study course
- Power Washing- kitchen hood systems
- Address: 2547 Old Lake Mary Road, Sanford, FL 32773
- Phone: 844 537-5685
- Website: https://www.exhausthoodcleaningschool.com
4Crane Institute of America
About the School
Crane Institute of America offers programs that help operators, riggers, inspectors, trainers, and managers become licensed and certified.
Costs vary between a few hundred dollars and more than a thousand, depending on the program and its duration.
Programs are between one and four days long.
Recertification is required every two years.
The following programs are available at Crane Institute:
- Operator and Inspector Training- is available for Aerial Lift Operator, Forklift Inspector and Operator, Mobile Crane Operators, Precast Concrete Delivery Crane Operators, Small Crane Operators, and Overhead Crane Inspectors, Operator, and Rigger- with costs that range from a few hundred to more than $1000, for example:
- Forklift Operator & Inspector- a three-day program that costs $895 and gives students the opportunity of using industrial forklifts and rough-terrain forklifts
- Mobile Crane Operator- a four-day program that costs $1,195 and teaches students how to use equipment such as telescoping boom cranes, lattice boom cranes, boom trucks, industrial cranes, articulating boom cranes, digger derricks, service/mechanic truck cranes, carry decks, and knuckle booms
- Rigger and Signalperson Training
- Master Rigger- a program that costs $395 and can be completed in one day
- Rigger & Signalperson- a two-day program that costs $695
- Train-the-trainer program
- Management training:
- A/D Director
- Employer Crane Operator Evaluation Training
- Lift Director
- Lift Planner Workshop
- Managing Crane Safety
- Address: 3880 St. Johns Pkwy. Sanford, FL 32771
- Phone: 800-832-2726
- Website: https://craneinstitute.com
5Audere Technical Institute
About the School
Audere Technical Institute offers a variety of training programs at its Sanford campus.
The first step in this admission process consists of completing a prospective student inquiry form.
After receiving an admission email, students have to complete the admission form and send the documents requested by the program they want to enroll in.
Applicants should be 18 years of age or older.
Those who are 17 years of age should have parental consent.
A copy of a high school diploma or GED is also required.
Audere Technical Institute is licensed by the Florida Department of Education.
The following programs are included in the school’s catalog:
- Medical Assistant Diploma- a 760-clock hour program that includes laboratory practices and real professional experience
- Home Health Aide Diploma- a 75-clock hour program that teaches students the skills needed when providing medical care at home
- Certified EKG Technician- a short medical course that teaches students how to perform electrocardiography, evaluate patients and explain medical procedures to patients
- Phlebotomy Technician- a program that prepares students with the skills needed for collecting blood samples and sending them to a laboratory for diagnosis
- Address: 3633 S Orlando Dr., Sanford, FL, 32773. United States
- Phone: 407 878 7515
- Website: https://audereinstitute.com
6Seminole State College of Florida
About the School
Seminole State College of Florida offers a variety of academic courses and career certificate programs at its several Florida campuses.
Opened in 1966, the Sanford campus is the College’s first and largest campus.
The campus includes more than 840,000 square feet of learning facilities and offers more than 40 degrees completely transferable to state universities.
Those interested can apply to one of the college’s career programs online or by downloading and printing an application.
The total rate is $104.38 per credit hour for Florida residents and $381.87 for non-Florida residents.
Seminole State College of Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
The following Associate Degree programs are available in Sanford:
- Administrative Office Management
- Fire Science Technology
- Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, and Physical Therapist Assistant
- And more
The following career certificate programs are also available at Seminole State College of Florida:
- Associate Project Management
- Computer Programming
- Human Resources Administration
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic
- Food and Beverage
- Address: 100 Weldon Boulevard, Sanford, FL 32773
- Phone: 407.708.4722
- Website: https://www.seminolestate.edu
7Dental Careers of Central Florida
About the School
Dental Careers of Central Florida offers dental assisting training and the certifications needed for starting a career in this field.
The classes are offered on Saturdays.
Tuition for the 10-week dental assistant program is $2,595.
The Expanded Duties and Radiology Course costs $500.
Supplies, materials, teaching aids, books, and class notes are provided at no additional cost.
Payment plans and financial assistance is available for students who qualify.
Students can apply by filling out a form on the school’s website.
The ten-week program meets on 10 consecutive Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To qualify for admission to the Dental Assisting program, students must be at least 18 years of age and need a high school diploma or GED.
The Expanded Duties and X-Ray Certification program is available for students who have completed the 10-week course or have at least three consecutive months of experience as a dental assistant and can perform all the expanded duties.
- Dental Assistant Program- a 10-week program that leads to a certificate, a letter of recommendation, and a summary of each student’s training experience
- Expanded Duties and Radiology Course- classes offered over two consecutive weekends
- Address: 4942 West SR 46 Suite 1038, Sanford, FL 32771
- Phone: (407) 320-1700
- Website: https://dentalcareersofcentralfl.com
8Sheet Metal Workers
About the School
Sheet Metal Workers offers a joint apprenticeship and training fund that offers education and training programs that prepare students for a career in the sheet metal and air conditioning industry.
With offices located in Tampa and Sanford, Local Union 15 represents Union Sheet Metal Workers in 26 counties across Central Florida.
Classes are available for different experience levels: from basic apprenticeship training to advanced Journeyman upgrade classes.
Those who complete the apprenticeship have a variety of career opportunities, including:
- Architectural Sheet Metal- the fabrication of brass and copper ornamentation, skylights, signs, metal roof systems, and other similar objects
- Food Service and Beverage- the fabrication of stainless steel for restaurants, fast foods, and other similar establishments
- Service Work- the installation and maintenance of air conditioning equipment
- Heavy Gauge and Specialty Work- material handling components such as storage tanks, chutes, and hoppers.
- Lagging- the fabrication and installation of protective metal covers over insulated components
- Layout and Pattern Development
- Safety, Health, and Environmental Training
- Welding using the latest technological processes
- And more
- Address: 2688 South Design Court Sanford, FL 32773
- Phone: (407) 322-8601
- Website: http://www.smwlocal15.org
9CNA Kwik Track
About the School
CNA Kwik Track offers CNA training classes available during weekday mornings, weekday evenings, and weekends.
The following classes are available:
- Regular classes- these cost $375
- One day class- tuition for this class is $425 and it enrolls a maximum of two students
Students learn the hands-on skills required for becoming Certified Nursing Assistants in the state of Florida.
The CNA Kwik track package included hands-on training, a course study guide, supplies, and materials needed for the training program.
The state exam fees are not included in tuition costs.
The school also offers assistance for the state exam.
The exam pass rate for school graduates is 98%.
The following flexible class schedules are available:
- A four-day class- classes take place for one week from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Three-day class- one week with classes taking place from 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Two-day class- classes take place on Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- One-day class- the program can be completed in one day from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Address: 3599 W Lake Mary Blvd, Suite 1C, Driftwood Village, Lake Mary, FL 32746
- Phone: 407-402-5823
- Website: http://www.cna-training-orlando.com
10Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology offers a variety of healthcare education programs at its Altamonte Springs campus.
The following programs are available:
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography- this 90-week program includes a clinical externship at a local healthcare facility
- Associate of Science in Medical Laboratory Technician- a program that prepares students for entry-level employment in the field
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant- a program that prepares students for entry-level employment and the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant- a program that prepares students for the National Physical Therapy Exam
- Associate of Science in Radiation Therapy- a program that takes two years to complete and prepares students for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Registry Examination
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology- this program takes approximately two years to complete and prepares students for employment as radiologic technologists
- Diploma in Medical Assisting- a 36-week program that prepares students for the Medical Assistant certification examination, the Basic X-Ray Operator certification exam, and entry-level employment
- Diploma in Nursing Assisting- a fast-paced program that can be completed in only a couple of months
- Diploma in Patient Care Technician- a 36-week program
- Diploma in Phlebotomy Technician- an 11-week program that leads to a Phlebotomy Technician Certificate
- Address: 460 E Altamonte Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Phone: (877) 206-4279
- Website: https://www.cambridgehealth.edu
You don’t have to put your dreams on hold because you can’t afford to spend four years in higher education.
This page has provided you with information about the top training school alternatives available in the Sanford region.
Now that you have read our list, it’s up to you to decide what career path you want to pursue and what school will take you there.