Nevada has many great trade schools, perfect for those who want to start a successful career but can’t afford to spend 4 years in college.
This page compiles information about 10 of the most reputable educational alternatives for those who want to learn a new trade in Nevada.
From medical assisting to cosmetology and casino dealing, there are many practical skills you can learn and many alternatives you can explore.
So, let’s take a look at some of the most reputable trade schools in Nevada.
Earn your accredited, affordable career diploma online with Penn Foster.
1Northwest Career College
Northwest Career College is a career college and trade school in Las Vegas.
Northwest Career College is accredited by ABHES, approved by the Department of Education to offer Title IV grants and loans, licensed by the State of Nevada and certified by the VA for Veterans education benefits.
Course duration varies between 3 and 18 months, depending on the program.
Enrollment. Prospective students must be beyond the age of compulsory school attendance. Applicants must provide evidence of a high school diploma, its equivalent, or a state-authorized examination certificate. Prospective students must complete an interview and campus tour with a school administration. A full list of requirements can be found in the school’s catalog.
Fees. Total program cost ranges between $3,990 – $25,750, depending on the program. Financial aid is also available to students who qualify.
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Administrative Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Legal Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Paralegal Studies
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- The main campus is located at 7398 Smoke Ranch Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
- The Legal and Billing center is located at 7365 Prairie Falcon Road, Suite 110 and 120, Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
- The Massage Student Clinic is located at 2471 Professional Court
Las Vegas, NV 89128
- Phone: (702) 745-8515
- Website: https://www.northwestcareercollege.edu
2Casino Education Group
Casino Education Group is a casino dealer school in Las Vegas.
AT CEG Casino Dealer School students learn from experienced professional dealers from the best Las Vegas Casinos.
CEG instructors are skilled teachers with more than 10 years of live professional casino dealing experience.
CEG works with more than 25 Casino properties to place its graduates.
The school offers flexible class schedules.
Course length varies between 20-120 hours, depending on the game.
Fees. Prices vary by program. Students can learn Blackjack for $295. Those who want to learn all table games pay $850. Payment plans are also available.
- Poker Dealer
- Specialty Games
- Mastery Courses
- Single Zero Roulette
- The school is located at 2605 S. Decatur Blvd. Suite 112 B&C, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Phone: 702.373.0860
- Website: https://www.cegdealers.com
3National Technical Institute
The National Technical Institute aims to train problem-solving, creative thinking graduates with industry-standard knowledge and skills that prepare them for a successful career.
NTI graduates are ready to be hired immediately after graduation.
National Technical Institute was founded in Henderson, Nevada in early 2003.
The school’s programs were designed to teach entry-level Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, and Installation technicians.
The HVAC & Refrigeration Certification program offers 9 classes.
The course includes EPA 608 Certification Exam.
The National Technical Institute is an approved Training Provider for Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Grants.
The Institute is licensed by the Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education.
Enrollment. Applicants need to be 18 years old or older and provide proof of high school graduation or equivalent. Prospective students can apply online or in person.
Fees. The total cost of tuition, books, and tools for the HVAC & Refrigeration Ceritification course is $5,775. Financial aid is also available for qualifying students.
- HVAC & Refrigeration Certification
- Seminars & Short Courses
- Online HVAC Training School
- National Technical Institute is located at 1870 Whitney Mesa Dr., Henderson, NV 89014
- Phone: (702) 948-9000
- Website: https://www.ntitraining.com
4Las Vegas Medical Assistant School
Las Vegas Medical Assistant School students learn in a professional medical office where they receive hands-on training in medical assisting.
Students attend weekly classes and complete online lectures and homework during the week.
After the training period, students have to pass the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant exam.
Students who have completed and passed the program will be eligible to take the exams for Certified Phlebotomy Technician and EKG Technician.
The school offers externship in a medical office.
Students work in a medical office for 1 week as part of the program.
Las Vegas Medical Assistant School is a division of Vandelay Education LLC and is licensed and regulated by Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education.
Fees. Tuition is $3,950, if paid in full. Two payment plans are also available.
Enrollment. Applicants need to be at least 18 years of age. If under 18 the school requires written permission from a parent or legal guardian. Prospective students also need a high-school diploma and GED, an up-to-date immunization record, a government-issued ID and a down-payment made before the first day of class.
- The school is located within the office of Total Care Family Practice, located at 1701 N Green Valley Parkway, Bldg 5 Suite C Henderson, NV 89074.
- Phone: 702-527-3047
- Website: https://lasvegasmedicalassistant.com
5Medical Skills for Life Institute
Founded in 2005, the Medical Skills for Life Institute is training students who want to build a career in the wellness industry.
The school offers afternoon and evening classes for future medical assistants, phlebotomists and other skilled workers in the medical industry.
Students learn from professionals with years of experience in the field.
Graduates can work in one of tens of thousands of medical and wellness facilities throughout the country.
The school assists students who successfully complete the certificate programs in finding career opportunities.
Fees. Tuition varies by program. Financial Aid is available for students who qualify.
Enrollment. Applicants need a high-school diploma or GED. Prospective students can enroll by filling out a form on the school’s website, calling the Admissions Department or (702) 645-7900.
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Career Development
- Medical Billing & Coding
- EKG Technician
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- EKG Monitor Tech – Telementry
- Phlebotomy/Laboratory Assistant
- Medical Terminology
- The school is located at 3110 South Rainbow Blvd Ste 104, Las Vegas, NV 89146
- Phone: 866.776.2070
- Website: https://medicalskillsforlife.com
6G Skin & Beauty Institute
G Skin & Beauty Institute has educated leaders in the skin, hair, and nails industry for decades.
The Institute has locations in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Chicago, Naperville, Oak Brook, and Schaumburg.
Students train by working on clients in a real Salon and Spa setting that is available at the beauty schools, thus becoming prepared to start a career in the world of beauty after graduation.
G Skin & Beauty Institute is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
At the end of the training period, students will take a final school examination in both theoretical and practical skills to qualify for the state examination to obtain a State license.
Enrollment. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and submit a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Fees. The registration fee is $100. Tuition ranges between $8,623.69 and $19,500, depending on the program. Financial aid is also available to students who qualify.
- Esthetics School
- Advanced Programs
- Hair Design
- Makeup School
- Nail School
- Student Teacher Program
- The Las Vegas campus is located at 1300 W Warm Springs Rd, Henderson, NV 89014
- Phone: 815-786-7266
- Website: https://gskinbeautyinstitute.edu
7CQES: Center for Quality Eldercare Services
CQES: Center for Quality Eldercare Services is offering campus and online training for future direct care workers.
CQES is the first Postsecondary School Training Center for becoming a Qualified Direct Care Worker and Personal Care Attendant.
The school is also a state proctor for HCQC Medication Training.
School graduates can be job-ready in 3-6 days.
The school pre-screens for companies that are hiring Personal Care Attendants and Direct Care Workers.
CQES is licensed to operate by The Commission on Postsecondary Education.
Enrollment. Applicants must complete the Pre-Enrollment Application and interview with the Director. Each prospective student should have a high school diploma or equivalent. Applicants who don’t have a copy of the diploma may take a brief exam.
Fees. Tuition varies by program.
- Caregiving Fundamentals/In-Home Care Aide (16 hrs) and (8 hour)
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia (16 hrs)
- Diabetes (4 hrs)
- Caregiving Fundamentals/In-Home Care Aide (8 CEU’s)
- Mental Illness and Developmental
- Chronic Illness (8 CEU’s)
- Medication Management
- Accelerated Medication Management Refresher (8 CEU’s)
- Advance Documentation (5 CEU’s)
- Center For Quality Eldercare Services is located at 3660 N. Rancho #101, Las Vegas, NV 89130
- Phone: 702-489-5822
- Website: https://cqes.org
8European Massage Therapy School
The European Massage Therapy School is a therapeutic massage school with campuses in Chicago (Skokie), Illinois and Las Vegas, Nevada.
With over 17 years of experience, the school is providing a comprehensive 610-hour program to prepare students for employment as massage therapists.
Graduates can be employed at chiropractic offices, hospitals, clinics, sports clubs, wellness centers, beauty salons, full-service spas, cruise ships, island resorts, and airports.
The school’s massage therapy curriculum includes Swedish Massage, Chair Massage, Hot Stone Techniques, Deep Tissue Massage, Body Mobilization Techniques (BMT), Trigger Point Therapy, Sports Massage, Cupping Therapy, Acupressure Techniques, Reflexology, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Business & Ethics and much more.
European Massage Therapy School/Estelle Medical Academy is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). The school is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education and Nevada Commission on Post-secondary Education.
Enrollment. Prospective students must be at least 18 years of age by the first day of class. They must hold a valid high school diploma or equivalent.
Fees. The total cost for the Professional Massage Therapy Program is $9,400. European Massage Therapy School is approved by the United States Department of Education to offer Federal Financial Aid to students who qualify.
- The school is located at 9440 W. Sahara Ave., Suite 250, Las Vegas, NV 89117
- Phone: (702) 202-2455
- Website: https://www.school-for-massage.com
9Key Realty School
Key Realty School is offering training in Real Estate licensing, continuing education, post-licensing, broker licensing and test preparation.
The school offers classroom and online training courses.
Students are completely prepared for state testing and the field once completed.
Key Realty School offers both National and State-Specific SAFE Act approved training programs.
Fees. Tuition ranges between $55 and $549, depending on the course.
- Appraisal: Pre-Licensing and Continuing Education
- Association Management: Pre-Licensing and Continuing Education
- Business Broker: Pre-Licensing and Continuing Education
- Inspection: Pre-Licensing, Test Prep Information, and Continuing Education
- Mortgage Lending: Pre-Licensing and Continuing Education
- Property Management: Pre-Licensing, Test Prep Seminar, and Continuing Education
- Nevada Real Estate: Pre-Licensing, Broker Licensing, Courses for Out of State Licensees, Post Licensing, Continuing Education, Common Q&A, Test Prep Options, Commercial Real Estate Continuing Education, Manufactured Housing, Information about pending or recent changes to Nevada Legislation.
- The school is located at 3320 E. Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89121
- Phone: 800.472.3893
- Website: http://www.keyrealtyschool.com
10Asher College’s Las Vegas Campus
Asher College’s Las Vegas Campus is providing classroom and hands-on training experience for future qualified employers in various industries.
The school’s curriculum is designed to combine watching, reading, and hands-on learning.
The school also offers a flexible schedule, supportive instructors and personalized attention.
Asher College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education Training.
Enrollment. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or have a parent or legal guardian sign the Admissions paperwork on behalf of the student. Applicants need a High School Diploma or equivalent. Prospective students must pass the entrance exam to show proficiency in English. Other requirements vary by program.
Fees. Total costs vary between $4,450 and $28,700, depending on the program.
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Health Information Specialist
- Medical Records Specialist
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Office Accounting
- Office Administrator
- Computer and Network Technician
- Computer Information Specialist
- IT Network Engineer
- IT Server Administrator
- PC Technician
- PC Support Specialist
- Network Support Specialist
- Tech Support Specialist
- CompTIA Certification
- Cisco Certifications
- The Las Vegas Campus is located at 6029 W. Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89146
- Phone: 702-323-0853
- Website: https://www.asher.edu
Learning a new trade can be the step you need to make in order to get a high-paying and professionally rewarding job.
Skilled workers are in-demand in the U.S. and learning a new trade can help you get a good job.
There are many schools who specialize in vocational training, and you have to be well informed before choosing the right one.
Pay special attention to the school’s accreditation, graduation rate, job placement rate, and reviews.