Do you want to build a successful career but can’t afford 4 years of college?
A trade school may be exactly what you’re looking for.
Vocational training gives you the opportunity to learn a new craft and be job-ready in a matter of months.
New Jersey trade schools offer a variety of high-quality training programs for you to choose from.
We made a list 10 of the best trade schools in New Jersey along with important information about each of them in order to help you make an informed decision.
Lincoln College is offering high-quality training programs for future skilled professionals.
At its 6 New Jersey campuses, the College provides courses for future workers in high-in-demand industries, like healthcare and automotive.
Lincoln College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Fees vary between $13,800 and $39,232, depending on the program.
- Computer & Network Support Technician – offered at Iselin, Moorestown and Paramus Campuses
- Medical Assistant – at Iselin, Moorestown and Paramus Campuses
- Medical Coding and Billing – at Paramus Campuses
- Patient Care Technician – at Moorestown and Paramus Campuses
- Practical Nursing – at Iselin, Moorestown, and Paramus Campuses
- Automotive Technology – at Union and Mahwah Campuses
- Electrical and Electronic Systems Technology – at Union and Mahwah Campuses
- Automotive Mechanics – at Union Campus
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Heating Technology – at Union and Mahwah Campuses
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining and Manufacturing Technology – offered at the Mahwah Campus
- Diesel and Truck Technology – at South Plainfield Campus
- Heavy Equipment and Truck Technology – at South Plainfield Campus
- Welding and Metal Fabrication Technology – at South Plainfield Campus
- Iselin Campus is located at 675 U.S. 1 South, 2nd Floor, Iselin NJ 08830
- Phone: (732) 548-8798
- Moorestown Campus is located at 308 W. Route 38, Moorestown, NJ 08057
- Phone: (856) 722-9333
- Paramus Campus is located at 240 Bergen Town Center, Paramus, NJ 07652
- Phone: (201) 845-6868
- Union campus is located at 2299 Vauxhall Road, Union, NJ 07083
- Phone: (908) 964-7800
- Mahwah campus is located at 70 McKee Drive, Mahwah, NJ 07430
- Phone: (201) 529-1414
- South Plainfied Campus is located at 901 Hadley Road, South Plainfied, NJ 07080
- Phone: (908) 756-7155
- Website: https://www.lincolntech.edu
2New Educare Institute of Healthcare
New Educate Institute of Healthcare is providing a variety of healthcare programs online and on-campus.
The programs are designed to prepare students for rewarding careers in specific allied healthcare professions.
The school is offering Healthcare programs, Career Advancement programs, and IT programs.
Enrollment. Students under 18 years of age must ask a parent or guardian sign and agree to the terms and conditions of the enrollment agreement. The applicant together with his spouse or parent will have an initial interview with an Admissions Representative. Prospective students must provide a valid driver’s license, state ID with photo or valid passport. Students must have a Social Security Number or equivalent. A copy of high school diploma or equivalent is also needed.
Fees vary depending on the program.
The school is offering the following healthcare programs:
- Patient Care Technician
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy Technician
- EKG Technician
- EKG and Phlebotomy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Surgical Technician
- Surgical Instrument Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Restorative Care or Aide
- Rehabilitation Therapy Technician
- Campus Adress: 24 Commerce Street, Ste 401, 4th Floor, Newark, NJ 07102
- Phone: 973-642-4160
- Website: https://www.neweducare.com
American Institute is providing career education in New Jersey and Connecticut.
American Institute, then known as Hartford Secretarial School, opened its doors to its first class of business students in 1924.
Since then, thousands of students have graduated to build successful careers in business, legal, allied health, diagnostic medical sonography, and information technology.
Enrollment. Applicants need a high school diploma or GED. A personal interview will be conducted on campus.
Fees. The registration fee is $25. Tuition fees are between $12,995 and $32,995, depending on the program. For the Nurse’s Aid Program the registration fee is $500 and tuition $900.
- Administrative Office Professional
- Dental Assisting
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- ESL – English as a Second Language
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Nurse’s Aide – FastTrack
- The Clifton campus is located at 346 Lexington Avenue, Clifton, NJ 07011
- The Somerset campus is located at 80 Cottontail Lane, Suite 103, Somerset, NJ 08873
- The Toms River campus is located at 2363 Lakewood Road, Toms River, NJ 08755
- Website: https://www.americaninstitute.edu
Eastwick College and HoHoKus School of Trade and Technical Sciences are offering a variety of career training programs.
Eastwick College Ramsey is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
HoHoKus School of Trade and Technical Sciences is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges.
The school is approved by the New Jersey Department of Education/Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
Enrollment. Applicants are required to complete a personal interview with an admissions representative. They need proof of high school completion or GED equivalency. Other application requirements vary by program.
Fees. Tuition varies between $12,165 and $39,231, depending on the program. Financial aid is also available to students who qualify.
The College offers the following Certificate and Diploma programs:
- Bilingual Licensed Practical Nursing
- Business Operations and Accounting
- Electrician Apprenticeship
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Facilities Management
- Licensed Practical Nursing
- Manufacturing Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Plumber Apprenticeship
- Eastwick College – Nutley
- Phone: 973-661-0600
- Eastwick College – Hackensack
- Phone: 201-488-9400
- Eastwick College – Ramsey
- Phone: 201-327-8877
- HoHoKus School – Paterson
- Phone: (973) 755-1766
- Website: https://eastwick.edu
5Jolie Health and Beauty Academy
Jolie Academy offers a variety of classes for students who want to build a career in the beauty industry.
The programs combine hands-on training with classroom instruction to help students reach their highest potential.
Jolie Academy is accredited by National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
The Academy offers a number of career services, such as interview preparation, resume writing, and job placement assistance.
The school also provides classes for future allied health workers at its Pennsylvania and Massachusets campuses.
Enrollment. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and hold a high school diploma or equivalent. A personal interview will also take place. To enroll in the Teacher Program, you must hold a Cosmetologist, Esthetician or Nail Technician license.
Fees. Program costs vary between $7,861 and $18,455. Financial aid is available to qualifying students.
The school offers the following programs at its three campuses in New Jersey:
- Skin Care Esthetics
New Jersey Campuses:
- 1490 Haddonfield Berlin Rd., Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
- 801 Tilton Road, Northfield, NJ 08225
- 5200 Route 42 in the Ganttown Plaza, Turnersville, NJ
- Phone: 800-619-5135
- Website: https://www.jolieacademy.com
6Advantage Career Institute
Advantage Career Institute is providing educational programs for those who want to begin a career in the Medical and Dental industries.
At Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School, students learn the technical skills required for a successful career in healthcare through hands-on training.
The school provides hands-on training in a fully-equipped dental and medical assistant school in New Jersey. Classes are small with individual workstations for all students.
Advantage Career Institute is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and approved by the New Jersey State Department of Education and the New Jersey Department of Labor.
Fees. Tuition varies by program. Those who are currently unemployed, under-employed, or have been laid off, may qualify for federal or state funding for training.
ACI Medical & Dental School is approved for Veterans Training and accepts funding through the GI Bill®.
Enrollment. Applicants must hold a high school diploma or GED to enroll. Some certificate courses require specialized skills. Prospective students must meet with a member of the admissions department for a personal interview.
- Medical Assistant Program
- Dental Assistant Program
- Administrative Assistant Program
- The school is located at 2 Meridian Rd, Eatontown, NJ 07724
- Phone: (732) 440-4110
- Website: https://aci.edu
7E-Z Wheels Driving School
E-Z Wheels Driving is offering quality driving instruction programs in New Jersey.
All of the school vehicles meet the industry standards and all New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission requirements.
E-Z Wheels Driving School was established in 1997 at 1516 Summit Avenue in Union City, NJ.
The school now has 7 locations: Union City NJ, Passaic NJ, Hopelawn (Woodbridge NJ), Elizabeth NJ and Morris County NJ.
E-Z Wheels has 3 office locations, each one equipped with a classroom and space to view instructional videos.
Enrollment. The minimum age for a CDL license is 18, but you must be 21 to apply for a hazardous material or passenger CDL endorsements or to drive any commercial vehicle outside of the state. All applicants for CDL training must comply with all medical fitness and vision requirements.
- Class A CDL License Training
- Class B CDL License Training (Straight Truck, Bus)
- Class C CDL License Training (Limo, Van, Small Bus)
- OSHA Safety Training for Forklift Operators
- CDL Class B Bus Driver Training
- Driving Lessons
- Defensive Driving
- School Bus Driver Training
- Phone: 888-562-0220
- Website: https://ezwheelsdriving.com
8CATCH Canine Trainers Academy
Catch Canine Trainers Academy is offering courses for those who want to build a new career as dog trainers.
The Academy has one goal: to teach students how to become a professional dog trainer who can launch a successful, fulfilling career working with dogs every day.
The Professional Dog Trainer Course’s curriculum is based on the standards of the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers.
The program is designed as a flexible, hands-on, distance-learning course to help students become Certified Dog Trainers from anywhere in the U.S.
All courses are approved by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers for continuing education units.
Enrollment. All students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class. Special cases may be approved with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Fees. Tuition fees vary between $1,050 – 5,250, depending on the program. In addition to flexible payment plans, financial assistance options are available to qualified applicants.
- Pro Dog Trainer – Core Skills
- Dog Training and Behavior – Basics Pro
- CATCH Master Class: Complete Certification Program
- Hands-on Workshops – Training on the school’s campus
- The school is located at
- Phone: 877.75.CATCH / 877.752.2824
- Website: https://catchdogtrainers.com
9Famous Bartending School
Famous Bartending School is training elite bartenders from across the tri-state area.
The school is offering English and Spanish classes and customized scheduling with morning, evening and weekend classes.
Students will have the option to gain real-life experience by working at live gigs and parties that are held at the school’s lounge.
The school has 3 convenient locations in New Jersey: in Newark, South Plainfield, and Verona.
The school offers unlimited practice time to all students and free refresher classes at any time.
School instructors have 15+ years of bartending experience.
Students learn through hands-on training and can become bartenders in one week.
The 40-hour state certified license issued by the school is nationwide and valid in all 50 states.
Fees. Prices vary between $100 and $445.
- Introduction to Flair Class
- Tips & safe serve class required for New York
- Mixology 101
- Bartending Class – 40 hours.
- Newark location: 25 Prospect St., Newark, NJ 07105
- South Plainfield location: 114 E Hendricks Blvd, South Plainfield, NJ 07080
- Verona location: 340 Bloomfield Ave, Verona, NJ 07044
- Phone: (908) 425-5792
- Website: https://famousbartending.com
10Innovate Salon Academy
Innovate Salon Academy is an award-winning beauty academy.
The Academy is offering training programs for future cosmetologists, estheticians, barbers, and educators.
Students learn through hands-on training in a beautiful, state of the art, salon-like environment.
The Cosmetology course can be completed in approximately 10 months by full-time students and in approximately 18 months by part-time students.
The Esthetics program can be completed in approximately 5 months by full-time students and in approximately 10 months by part-time students.
The Barbering program can be completed in approximately 39 weeks by full-time students and in approximately 10 months by part-time students.
Fees. Tuition varies between $6,650 and $20,718, depending on the program. Financial aid is available to students who qualify.
- Cosmetology (1200 hours)
- Esthetics (600 hours)
- Educator Training
- E’Lan Eyelash Extensions
- MUD Airbrush Bridal
- MUD Makeup Beauty Essentials Course
- The South Plainfield school is located at 4985 Stelton Road (Hadley Ctr), South Plainfield, NJ 07080
- Phone: 908-912-6972
- The Ewing school is located at 25 Scotch Road, Ewing, NJ 08628
- Phone: 609-583-0396
- Website: https://www.innovatesalonacademy.com
Vocational schools can get you ready for the job market in just a few months (sometimes weeks).
New Jersey is home to some of the best trade schools in the country, so there is no shortage of options.
You have to choose carefully to be sure that the profession you have chosen is the best fit for you.
Also, you have to decide which school is most suited to your educational needs.
There are many factors you should take into account, such as tuition fees, schedule, school accreditation, job placement, graduation rate, and student reviews.